The FaroArm is a portable coordinate measuring machine (CMM) that allows manufacturers easy verification of product quality by performing 3D inspections, tool certifications, CAD comparison, dimensional analysis, reverse engineering, and more.
The FARO QuantumS, QuantumM and QuantumE are the first - and only - Arms in the market that can be verified against the international certification standard, ISO 10360-12:2016, which ensures maximum measurement consistency and reliability in a wide range of work environments.
The QuantumS establishes a new industry performance bar and extends FARO’s tradition of maximum measurement consistency and reliability in every working environment. It delivers best-in-class performance for both hard probing and laser scanning applications.
The QuantumM is the reference standard for companies looking for a cost-effective factory inspection solution. It has been developed for organizations that want to extend their manufacturing performance, reduce scrap and waste and improve their production efficiencies through quality inspection.
The QuantumE is the entry-level portable coordinate measurement machine for organizations looking for a cost-effective factory inspection solution. Reliable and robust, QuantumE enables manufacturers to have full confidence in their quality assurance processes and ensure high quality production.
The FARO 8-Axis Quantum FaroArm, is the world’s only eight-axis portable metrology arm solution, and once again, FARO has redefined the market expectations for arm technology.
The 8-Axis Quantum FaroArm seamlessly integrates the portable Quantum FaroArm with an eighth-axis, enabling the part to be rotated in real-time relative to the Arm – meaning no difficult reaching around the object and no need to move the Arm into different locations during the process.
This results in unmatched measuring speed and user-friendliness, offering an easy-to-use measurement solution that allows users to focus on the actual measurement and not on the measurement processes.
- Measurement range: 1.5m to 4.0m (4.9 ft. to 13.1 ft.)
- Accuracy: up to 12μm (±0.000472”)
- Certified to meet ISO 10360-12:2016 measurement standard
- Innovative design for highest performance and factory stress-tested for reliability
- Excellent ergonomics and useability
- High-speed wireless operation (Robust WI-FI®)
- Extended battery use
- FAROBLU™ Laser line probe HD leverages optically-superior blue laser technology
- Articulating measuring arm
To target specific application needs, FARO offers two different Laser Line Probe options for the FaroArm:
FAROBlu Laser Line Probes
The Quantum FaroArm combined with the FAROBlu Laser Line Probe HD (High Definition) delivers unparalleled non-contact measurement capabilities by integrating the best laser scanner available in the market, which provides the highest fidelity point cloud data at high speed.
The Quantum FaroArm in combination with the FAROBlu Laser Line Probe SD (Standard Definition) offers an entry-level ScanArm solution featuring the same best-in-class FAROBlu technology at an excellent price/performance ratio.
Both the FAROBlu Laser Line Probe HD and the FAROBlu Laser Line Probe SD leverage an optically-superior blue laser technology, for improved scanning and higher resolution.
FARO Prizm Laser Line Probe
The FARO Prizm Laser Line Probe delivers high-resolution, 3D color scanning and allows users to view, inspect and manipulate detail-rich, 3D color point clouds of parts or assemblies.
The Quantum combined with the Prizm Laser Line Probe provides the high fidelity required for accurate color point cloud data capture and is ideally suited for inspections where color data and visualization of surface texture are essential for analysis and documentation.
Additionally, users can switch to grayscale or monochromatic modes, which provide options for higher scanning rates.
Users can pair any of the three Quantum FaroArm variations with the two FAROBlu Laser Line Probe models or the FARO Prizm Laser Line Probe, as well as select from our eight and seven-axis options. This allows users to tailor their solution to meet their specific contact/non-contact measurement requirements.
Through simple Plug and Play, users can attach any of these probes to the Quantum measuring arm, creating an all-in-one measurement solution: the Quantum ScanArm
- Fast Scanning Speed – The extra wide scan stripe and fast frame rate boosts productivity by increasing coverage and reducing scanning time. Combined with the eight-axis rotation of objects in real-time, the scanning process itself is even faster.
- Scan Challenging Materials – Seamlessly scan across diverse surface materials regardless of contrast, reflectivity or part complexity without any special coatings or target placement.
- High-Definition Data – Intricate components can be captured in fine detail as a result of the 2,000 actual points per scanline (FAROBlu HD) and the FAROBlu Laser Line Probe featuring noise reduction technology.
- Color Scanning – RGB information and color point cloud data allow users to document, analyze and manipulate detail rich, 3D color point clouds (FARO Prizm) of a part or assembly on a computer screen. Proper decisions on the production floor can be made based on the availability of information not detectable with existing technologies.
High-Speed Wireless Operation – New sophisticated and robust electronic design delivers superior reliability and guarantees optimal wireless operation for scanning and probing, allowing unmatched reach across the manufacturing floor.
FARO Design ScanArm 2.5C
The FARO 8-Axis Design ScanArm 2.5C is the first color capable portable lightweight 3D scanning solution providing an unprecedented ergonomic experience with both the 7-Axis or 8-Axis models. Using the new FARO PRIZM™ full color Laser Line Probe with powerful 3D design and modeling software, the 8-Axis Design ScanArm delivers high-resolution color point-cloud data enabling more insight into object design and creation, geometry, surface composition and differentiation between materials. The color information is also used in high-quality 3D visualization of rendering objects in gaming, movies and online marketing. The added eighth-axis enables real-time rotation of the object being scanned – eliminating wasted time, reducing risk to delicate objects and supporting more complete scan output.
This lightweight and easily maneuverable ScanArm is available in lengths of 2.5m, 3.5m and 4.0m and seamlessly scans challenging products, objects and prototypes. The Design ScanArm 2.5C comes equipped with dual, hot swappable batteries that enable continuous operation with no need for external power when the application requires measurement in the field or shop floor. FARO kinematic iProbe’s easy connect/disconnect combined with a simplified quick release, makes the device effortless to operate regardless of skill level or 3D scanning experience.
The FARO 8-Axis Design ScanArm 2.5C is the ideal color capable 3D scanning solution for any organization that may have the need to:
- Capture and digitize objects and props in full realistic detail for digital visualization
- Manufacture parts without existing CAD models
- Develop aftermarket products that need to fit tightly with existing products
- Digital archiving and historical preservations
- Reverse engineer legacy parts for design changes or replacement
- Create digital libraries to decrease inventory and warehouse costs
- Design aesthetically pleasing, freeform surfaces
- Leverage the power of rapid prototyping
Click here to download FARO QuantumS Tech Sheet
Click here to download FARO QuantumM Tech Sheet
Click here to download FARO Quantum ScanArm Tech Sheet
Click here to download FARO Design ScanArm Tech Sheet