The FARO Cobalt Array Imager is a metrology-grade non-contact scanner which captures millions of high resolution 3D coordinate measurements in seconds. The Cobalt Array Imager is equipped with dedicated on-board processors – an industry first. The smart sensor allows unique multi-imager array configurations which expand the scan area to deliver rapid, automated and comprehensive inspection; dramatically improving cycle time. The actionable data is then displayed as simple go/no-go result or an easy-to-read dimensional deviation color map.
It is designed for the factory floor so it can be used anywhere inspection is needed,and delivers fast, consistent measurements for dimensional inspection and reverse engineering applications on parts, assemblies, and tooling. Cobalt’s versatility supports a variety of deployment options including tripod, rotary table, robot, industrial inspection cells and multiple imager arrays.
In addition, the Cobalt, is available in two resolution models, both offering interchangeable fields of view, combines speed, accuracy, flexibility and portability. At an affordable price providing unparalleled value, the Cobalt is a simple-to-use solution ideal for maximizing productivity and automating workflows for near-line and in-line inspection applications, anywhere in the factory.
- Multiple Imager Arrays - Expand the field of view and increase data capturing speed by flexibly deploying multiple Cobalt unit
- On-Board Processing - Delivers fast, reliable performance, and easy multi-unit integration
- High Resolution - For inspections where precision is critical for capturing fine details, features, and edges
- High Dynamic Range - Easily handles complex parts with dark surfaces, light surfaces, different colors, textures and reflectivity
- Automatic Exposure - Applies optimal exposure settings to ensure the best possible data for every situation
- Stereo Cameras - Ensure high accuracy and stability and enable self-monitoring
- Enhanced Stereo Mode - Maximizes coverage area in each scan and shortens inspection time
- Blue Light Technology - Enhances ability to measure dark and reflective surfaces in variable lighting conditions
- Interchangeable Lenses - Provide flexibility for multiple fields of view
Click here to download FARO Cobalt Array 3D Imager Techsheet