The FARO 8-Axis Design ScanArm 2.5C is the first color capable portable lightweight 3D scanning solution providing an unprecedented ergonomic experience with both the 7-Axis or 8-Axis models. Using the new FARO PRIZM™ full color Laser Line Probe with powerful 3D design and modeling software, the 8-Axis Design ScanArm delivers high-resolution color point-cloud data enabling more insight into object design and creation, geometry, surface composition and differentiation between materials. The color information is also used in high-quality 3D visualization of rendering objects in gaming, movies and online marketing. The added eighth-axis enables real-time rotation of the object being scanned – eliminating wasted time, reducing risk to delicate objects and supporting more complete scan output.
This lightweight and easily maneuverable ScanArm is available in lengths of 2.5m, 3.5m and 4.0m and seamlessly scans challenging products, objects and prototypes. The Design ScanArm 2.5C comes equipped with dual, hot swappable batteries that enable continuous operation with no need for external power when the application requires measurement in the field or shop floor. FARO kinematic iProbe’s easy connect/disconnect combined with a simplified quick release, makes the device effortless to operate regardless of skill level or 3D scanning experience.
- Measurement range: 2.5m to 4.0m (8.2 ft. to 13.1 ft.)
- Accuracy: up to 0.075 mm
- Certified to meet ISO 10360-12:2016 measurement standard
- Innovative design for highest performance and factory stress-tested for reliability
- Excellent ergonomics and useability
- High-speed wireless operation (Robust WI-FI®)
- Optional dual hot swappable batteries enabling continuous operation anywhere without the need for external power
- The FARO PRIZM Laser Line Probe provides full color values to the point cloud.
- The FARO PRIZM Laser Line Probe HD provides expanded coverage and high speed scanning up to 600,000 points per second; while the eighth-axis allows for capture with only small user movements, reducing repositioning needs and reducing time it takes to scan.
Click here to download FARO Design ScanArm Tech Sheet