FARO® ScanPlan is an innovative, handheld device that dramatically speeds up the process of capturing 2D floor plans. It is an ideal tool for anyone who needs to quickly obtain as-built floor plans of buildings for threat assessment, pre-incident planning, fire protection engineering, 2D as-built documentation, or optimal scan job planning. Use the ScanPlan to document floor plans of buildings large and small, including houses, schools, shopping malls, public venues, office buildings, construction sites, and more.
Just point and walk to capture a current 2D floor plan of any building. Control the ScanPlan with an easy-to-use smartphone application (Android or iPhone) that shows the floor plan map as it is being captured in real time. The wide-angle field of view makes it easy to map around corners, behind doors, and other hard-to-reach areas. You can even take photographs and map multiple-story buildings, keeping the floors organized as one project. The visual interface makes it easy to confirm that everything you want has been mapped before you leave the building.
Bring the captured building map into FARO Zone 2D software to complete your project. Turn the floor plan into a detailed pre-incident plan or threat assessment diagram by adding photographs of critical details, standard symbols, notes, measurements, and more. You can also turn your captured 2D floor map into DXF files that are readable by most CAD system.
- Capture 2D floor plans as you walk
- Map floor pans on multiple floors
- Visualize the floor plan in real time
- Document critical details with photographs
- Find best positions to place a laser scanner
- Perform a pre-placement of 3D scans on site
- Add 360° panoramic images to the 2D map
- Share captured information withsStakeholders
- Explore captured space in Virtual Reality Mode
Click here to download FARO ScanPlan Techsheet