Geomagic for Solidworks
Geomagic for Solidworks is the industry’s most complete integrated Scan-to-Solidworks CAD software solution. Reduce the time required to build complex 3D models of real world objects by directly scanning or importing scan data into Solidworks. The advanced, automated wizards quickly and easily create accurate sketches, surfaces or feature-based editable solid parts inside Solidworks.
It gives you advanced capabilities to make tools, point clouds and polygons more usable in your design process. This software supports a range of popular 3D scanners as well as the import of standard point and polygon file formats. You can import data or scan directly in Solidworks. and use the feature extraction wizards to extract CAD sketches, surfaces and solids.
- Directly scan into Solidworks with point color information. Scan data file formats that include vertex colors or texture mapping can be imported. Texture and color information in color scan data can be toggled on or off for better visualization.
- Quickly and easily create reference points from a probe device. These points could represent the center of a hole, a point to extrude to, or the building blocks for more complex geometry.
- Create reference points from mesh objects that can be used for downstream workflows, such as spline and surface creation.
- Supports a range of industrial 3D scanners for direct Scan-to-Solidworks. including Creaform, FARO, Hexagon, Nikon, Vialux and the Capture scanner from 3D Systems.
- Quickly and easily compare a CAD object and a mesh object. Every wizard in Geomagic for Solidworks. has a deviation analysis tool to check feature accuracy as you model. Get real-time information on your features to help make design decisions and maintain design intent.
- Region Grouping Tools for Detailed Mesh Segmentation This intuitive pre-processing step allows for the intelligent grouping of scan data elements for feature extraction directly inside Solidworks.
- Point cloud processing directly inside Solidworks.
- Automatically create perfect surfaces from scan data inside Solidworks. with the Geomagic scan processing tools
Click here to download Brochure